Sunday, April 5, 2015

Dylan Thomas "Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night" Reflection

   When I first read the poem, I thought it was really beautiful and inspiring how he went about basically saying that when the time has come in your old age, you should fight and "rage" against death rather than simply submit to it. I was able to pick up on some of the pattern that the poem has, it was also very easy to visualize any imagery that the author was using. What was very interesting was how he managed to juxtapose these old characteristics that the men have with powers that are way beyond their capability, "Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay". Reading it the second time around helped me to focus in on the structure more and analyze where and when the author uses literary elements so I could better asses why.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment