Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Literature in Film #1: Rebel

I'm so proud of Anthony's work and happy that I got to see it (although I paid to see the viewing, didn't know we were gonna watch it in class). I've never seen Rebel but I've watched They Shoot Horses, Don't They? and I thought the cross referencing he did and where he incorporated the one scene from the movie was actually very powerful. It went a long way in showing just how disturbed the kid was even after we hear about how he wrote an essay about torturing kittens.
There were a lot of things I was still really confused about. Like who shot the kid he was racing with? Why? Or what was up with the trash bin covers? What was it that he wanted from the girl, there was never any conclusion as to what happened between the two of them. Wait, why were they even racing in the first place?
Lastly, I thought the cinematography was great. My favorite was the beginning when it showed shots of the main character as well as played the credits.

It was great, Anthony!

No comments:

Post a Comment